Toshiba has just announced the slimmest tablet of thickness only 7.6 mm. We’re talking about Toshiba Excite 10 LE model with which it hopes to reach a market with more and more alternatives. This new tab is unique and differs in design and thickness.
As per sources, the Tablet 10 LE Excite will hit the market with Honeycomb Android 3.2 but will be updated subsequent to Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The weight being a mere 535 grams.
Tablet Specs seem to be impressive too:
- Operating System: Bundled with Honeycomb (Android 3.2) but it is expected to be upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) in the future.
- Display: It features a 10.1 inch diagonal LED backlit widescreen, scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass with In-Plane Switching (IPS) display and a resolution of 1280×800.
- Processor: Powered by a 1.2 GHz Texas Instrument OMAP 4430 multi-core mobile processor and dual channel memory.
- Storage: Will be sold in 2 models – 16GB and 32GB respectively.
- Camera: 2 cameras – 2 megapixel front-facing camera and a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera, with LED flash and 1080p video record capabilities.
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium ion battery which delivers up to 8 hours of battery life.
- Connectivity: Offers a range of connectivity options, including a mini-HDMI port, micro-SD card slot, micro-USB port and along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth inbuilt.
Toshiba 10 LE Excite is expected to hit the market in the coming months at a price of $600 (which is still less than an iPad) with internal memory of 32Gbytes or a model of 16 GB which costs $530. Rumors from BGR suggest that this tablet is being launched 1 day prior (March 6th) to the apple’s iPad 3 release date.